create.... explain.... share every day (trying)

Friday, November 8, 2013

simple sunset



My first post on this blog

Most days I create a least something little

I thought it might help my progress (and motivation) to document my creations

and I thought it would be helpful to share my process and review the materials I use

Friday, November 8, 2013

Today I did my weekly trek to Michaels and Joann's to use their coupons

Distress paint
I've been wanting to try Tim Holtz distress paint so I bought a bottle in my favorite color - turquoise (Broken China)

These paints have a dabber top so I blotted and spread it over the paper. I splashed water on the paint and expected it to move and do interesting things, but the paint dried almost instantly. Maybe it was my paper -  I used Mohawk Felt 80 cover cool white paper for the larger sketch and an index card for the smaller one. I need to experiment a little more to see if I want to buy more colors.

Copic marker
I had bought one Copic marker (in R22 light prawn) a few weeks ago from Hobby Lobby. Why only one? -  they are pricey @ $6.99 each and I wanted to test it out. I liked it but didn't notice a huge difference between the Copic and the Tombow.

I did the sun with the Copic marker along with an old orange Tombow marker (933). Water highlights are from a Tim Holtz distress marker (tumbled glass).

I doodled over the sun and water with two different Gelly Roll white pens - I'm in search of a good white pen. Neither showed up very well but the regular pen did better than the Souffle version. I've ordered a few more white pens/pencils to try in the future - a Signo Uniball and a Stabilo pencil.





No comments:

Post a Comment