create.... explain.... share every day (trying)

Saturday, November 9, 2013

my first pattern!




My daughter, Jennifer is the owner of Taylor Joelle Designs - a children's clothing company.

I help her design the clothes, but she's always gone to the outside for her surface patterns. We have lots of ideas, but didn't know how to translate them into repeating patterns.

So I decided to learn how to create surface patterns in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

AND I FINALLY DID IT!

This is just my first try - it needs lots of work. We'd like a watercolor looking print for a summer 2014 mini collection.

I sketched some clothing design ideas last week - now we need to see how it all works together.







Creating a repeat pattern in Adobe Photoshop 6

I followed the instructions in these two videos:





No comments:

Post a Comment